coolz's blog

Friday, December 29, 2006

CHAPTER 15:

Chazz stared at him bug eyed, and Brittany had her mouth open in disbelief.
"How did you do that?!" I yelled.I wonder if we can do it too.
"I was just thinking how great it'd be if I were a real tiger and bam! I'm a tiger!" He said excitedly.
I started thinking about my favorite big cat. Cheetah. Cheetah. Fast as light. Free as the wind. Cheetah. Cheetah.
Then I realized my eyes were closed.I looked at my hands. Nothing. Then I saw the kittens trying it too. Nothing for them either.
"Maybe I'm the only one with it. Sorry. Hey! Maybe you guys will get an even better power, like flying. Or breathing under water!" Tiger tried to cheer the kittens up.
"Guys! Rick is expecting us! He's kind enough to wait for us in the cold! Let's go!" I hurried them. It's not really that I care much about Rick, it's just the kittens are going to catch a cold. Crap! I sound like a mom! Good thing Rick is takeing care of us for a while.
We walked for a few more minutes, and Tiger found out how to change back. Soon I could see houses, but no one was out.
"Maybe he got cold." Brittany said. A strong wind chilled me to the bone.
Maybe since I'm tall I could pass as a 16 year old, and get a job. Then I could buy a decent jacket for Britt. And some pants for everyone. If a miracle happens and we actually have spare money I could buy a book. Man that'd ROCK!
"Muse, look ahead. It's a dead end. We should walk back to Scott's house. If we see Rick then we'll go in." Tiger said without looking at me. "Are you cold? I have an extra jacket." Tiger offered.
"No." I lied. I'll get warm once I'm in either Rick or Scott's house. I forced myself not to shiver as another wind blew.
Tiger took his backpack off, took his hoodie off, and gave it to me. Then ha put the other one from his backpack on.
"Thanks." I mumbled as I put it on. I hate it when he can tell if I'm lieing.
"Your welcome." Tiger said. I'm not sure, but for a split second it looked like he was smiling. He knows I hate asking for help, but I don't think he was trying to make me mad.
Does he like me? As in like me like me? He didn't mind the boyfriend idea, but he's like a brother. Once again. Awkward.

3 Comments:

  • Okay people! Listen up! There will be a poll soon! Pick the letter you think is best for the story! You have to post a letter as a comment on the chapter 17 ! I'll give you about a week. There is no limit to how many times you post a letter, but you can only choose one letter. I will choose a date where I'll tally up the votes and the most letters wins. If somehow there is a tie, there will be another poll.

    By Blogger maxridelvr, at 9:20 AM  

  • what do you mean, a letter?

    By Blogger Nadia, at 1:02 PM  

  • Your choice is either A: blah blah blah B; blah blah blah and so on

    By Blogger maxridelvr, at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home